We understand how daunting it can feel to navigate your way through accessing services and funding for your child after they have been diagnosed with a disability. That is why Shaping Outcomes is offering 2 free services to support children and families. The first is a pre-planning service, to assist you with being organised for your NDIS planning meeting. Our other service is to help you understand your child’s NDIS plan once you receive it, contact us to find out more.
IN EARLY CHILDHOOD (AGES 0 – 6)
These supports will aim to help your child gain improved learning and daily living. To increase their social and community participation and improve their relationships. Supports can include:
- Therapy and equipment assessment
- Therapeutic supports
- Group skills development
- Individual social skills development
- Coordination of supports
- Itinerant visits (home, learning environments, community)
- Parent and carer support
(AGES 0 – 12) Shaping Outcomes will assist your child to develop their skills to increase their independence, undertake daily personal activities, and/or participate in social and community activities. You can select from a range of group supports for your child depending on your child’s age.
- Begin With Play (ages 3 – 4) provides an opportunity for your child to learn, practice and develop their understanding of the multi-layered and complex social interaction skills.
- Play Connections (ages 4+) builds on Begin With Play and designed specifically for children who are preparing to enrol for school in the following year.
- Transition Readiness (ages 4 +) develops your child’s skills for learning as they prepare to commence school.
- Social Thinking (school aged children) introduces the foundations of early social skills learning, where the community is the best place for learning. Social Thinking is delivered in three stages: Stage 1 – Incredible Flexible You; Stage 2 – We Thinkers and Stage 3 – Super Flex.
- Play and Sing (ages 3 – 4) provides a sensory opportunity for children to learn social skills, listening skills, and group skills through music and movement. A variety of musical instruments and sensory props are incorporated into the lessons. This group is for children and their parents/carers.
- Play and Sing (school aged children) builds on the same structure used in the younger group. With the addition of incorporating behaviour regulation and being part of a group through music and movement.
(AGES 0 – 12) Shaping Outcomes will work one-on-one with your child on developing their individual social skills, for participation in community and social activities. This support will assist your child to increase their social participation and improve their relationships.
(AGES 0 – 12) Shaping Outcomes will assist you to develop your skills as a parent or carer of a child with a disability or developmental delay. These supports can include, Shaping Outcomes Parent Group and Basic Key Word Sign Workshops.
(AGES 0 – 12) Shaping Outcomes work with a range of high quality therapists from across Northern NSW and South East Queensland. We don’t employ therapists, instead Shaping Outcomes has established a panel of over 35 professionals you can choose from. If your child is already accessing therapy, you can choose to have your therapist as part of your child’s team – this ensures that your child receives continuity of supports. Sitting on our therapy panel are specialists in the following areas:
- Speech Pathology
- Occupational Therapy
- Music Therapy
(AGES 0 – 12) Assessments can be as simple as a report from a therapist in your team. In other cases, it will be an assessment carried out by a therapist or specialist to determine your child’s suitability and need for assistive technology/equipment. This support focuses on improving the health, wellbeing and daily living of your child.
AGES (0 – 12) In some limited circumstances you may need assistance to coordinate and implement supports in your child’s plan and to participate more in the community. Shaping Outcomes can assist with:
- Support Connection
- Coordination of Supports
YOUR CHILD’S APPROVED NDIS PLAN
You can purchase NDIS supports from Shaping Outcomes with your child’s NDIS funding, or we can connect you to an external therapist or provider. With an NDIS plan you have the choice and control to support your child, the way you choose. Shaping Outcomes has a family centred approach and puts you and your child at the centre of everything we do, with a commitment to respecting your choices. Using our specialist knowledge in teaching, disability and personal experience our staff look forward to providing you with quality services and guidance, helping you decide which supports will make the most positive changes in your child’s development at the best value. As a NDIS Approved Provider, Shaping Outcomes services for all NDIS plan managed clients are charged according to the NDIS price limits set in the NDIS Support Catalogue.
NDIS SUPPORTS PURPOSE
The NDIS provides funding to participants to purchase a range of supports aimed at increasing their independence, inclusion, social and economic participation. The supports delivered are to be chosen, and paid for, by individual participants or their carers. Supports for participants fall into three Support Purpose categories:
- CORE – a support that enables a participant to complete activities of daily living and enables them to work towards their goals and meet their objectives.
- CAPITAL – an investment, such as assistive technologies, equipment and home or vehicle modifications, funding for capital costs.
- CAPACITY BUILDING – a support that enables a participant to build their independence and skills.
As a registered NDIS provider we provide or connect you with services under the categories of CORE and CAPACITY BUILDING.
CAPACITY BUILDING PURPOSE
Here at Shaping Outcomes our expertise is working with children, their families and the community around them, to build their capacity. We focus on developing children’s social and life skill development to help them connect with you, family members, peers and their community. So you will see that the majority of NDIS supports available from Shaping Outcomes, fall under CAPACITY BUILDING.